Although the focus might be on major February sports events like the NFL’s Super Bowl this month, there is plenty happening worldwide. We pulled up our sports calendars for Australia, Europe and the USA and ran our eye across February.
So which sports should you be attending in February 2018? Here’s our quick summary of some of the highlights.
Keep in mind that this is just a guide. If you really want to check what’s happening in your city and to find tickets, look up your city on sportswhereiam.com.
Australia: Footy’s back, cricket wraps up
– Cricket: Your last chance to see the Australian Cricket team for awhile is the T20 Series.
– Cricket: The T20 BBL & WBBL competitions are also finishing up this month.
– Basketball: The NBL playoffs begin after the regular season wraps up on Feb 18th.
– Football: Aussie Rules football is back! The second AFLW season starts.
– Football: The AFL’s new AFLX format launches in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
– Soccer: The A-League season is still in full swing.
– Baseball: The ABL postseason starts in QLD and WA.
– Basketball: The Australian men’s team play two FIBA World Cup qualifiers at Margaret Court Arena this month.
– Rugby Union: Super Rugby returns with the start of the 2018 season.
USA: Super Bowl, All-Star and Daytona
– Football: The biggest item on any sports calendar this month is the NFL Super Bowl in Minnesota!
– Basketball: NBA All-Star Weekend involves multiple events at the Staples Center in LA.
– College Basketball: NCAA Basketball is in the final month before the March Madness tournament starts.
– College Hockey: Similarly, NCAA Hockey games continue as the postseason approaches.
– Soccer: The MLS is back! Preseason games start early this month before the real stuff.
– Hockey: The NHL regular season continues.
– Motorsport: The Daytona 500! Sarah is going to this!
Europe: Soccer, Basketball and Rugby
- – Soccer: EPL, UEFA and La Liga tournaments run throughout the month (Don’t hate us for calling it “Soccer”, by the way… we’ve got a lot of football on our site).
- – Rugby Union: The Rugby 6 Nations Championship begins.
- – Basketball: Eurobasket, Liga ACB and more.
- – Rugby League: The Super League begins in England and France.
- – Cycling: Multiple Cycling Tours happening throughout Europe.